Today's Cyber Security topic includes concepts, technology, and processes that have evolved or are related to Computer Security (COMSEC), Information Security (INFOSEC), Information Assurance, Computer Network Defense (CND), and Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO).
This topic provides a summary of concepts in Cyber Security, including strategies, activities, and functional taxonomies.
This topic is organized into the following sections, which may be navigated using the topic menus on the right of the screen.
Begin with the Introduction to Cyber Security.
- Introduction provides an overview to the cyber security topic including the concept of internet-based services and their attraction to users.
- Cyberspace discusses the environment for cyber security, including the technical, business, and social contexts.
- Competition describes the business perspectives.
- Taxonomy describes the components of cyber security.
- Objectives identifies some key cyber security objectives.
- Strategies provide an analysis of technical strategies for approaching cyber security.
- Processes discusses the processes that comprise cyber security.
- Conclusions and Summary provides a synopsis of the topic and summary of the major points.