The development framework for mobile computing devices includes the software development tools to design, create, and test new software application programs "apps" These include software development kits, (SDKs) and processes for outlining, planning, writing, simulating, and testing mobile computing applications. The development frameworks are specific to the mobile platform operating systems, but generally include the following steps:
- Planning the application including the screen design, functions, inputs and outputs.
- Use the SDK to write and compile the application.
- Uses the SDK simulator and debugger to simulate different mobile devices and to debug the logic of the application.
- Download the application to the actual mobile computing devices for verification and debugging.
- Use a beta test program with a selection of the user community to confirm the function and utility of the application as well as to gain acceptance from users and assistance from peer developers.
- Enter the application into the distribution system that applies to the specific mobile device.
More information on development frameworks is available for each platform. Wikipedia provides a convenient summary of these with links to the developer resources.
Wikipedia: Mobile Application Development
Continue to Information Security.